Sant Martí Sesserres Church
- Add Sant Martí Sesserres Church to the e-Catalog
- Recommend Sant Martí Sesserres Church to a friend
Documents mention the church of Sant Martí Sesserres in 1031 but it seems that this church was already in existence in 922, depending at the time on the County of Besalú. The present church dates from the 12th century with the belfry dating to the 18th. The most interesting feature in the building is the door with four archivolt arches, a lintel and an uncarved tympanum with red crosses painted in honour of Saint James, since with route of Saint James (famously known as the Camino de Santiago) passes by just in front.