Sant Antoni Church and Bridge
- Add Sant Antoni Church and Bridge to the e-Catalog
- Recommend Sant Antoni Church and Bridge to a friend
The small church is located at the foot of La Muga, in the outskirts of the village of Sant Llorenç and in front of the bridge bearing the same name. The bridge is mediaeval and, before the chapel was built, was known as Pont del Grau due to its location on two limestone outcrops forming a narrowing in this section of the river. The first documentary information on the chapel dates from 1835 but it is known that an earlier religious structure was located on the same spot.