The remains of Montroig castle are visible from the entire county, perched on the peak with the same name. Legend states that the blood of the lady of the castle and her lover ' murdered at the hands of her jealous husband ' stained the walls and land of this mountain. Reality is much earthier since the castle is located in bright red clayey terrain lending its name to the peak and the castle and which was used to build the castle bricks. Documented as far back as 1070, the building preserves few remains as it has undergone continuous alterations. It was neglected in the 16th century on orders of the viceroy and finally knocked down during the Great War (1793-1795).